Why are Rainforests Being Destroyed? ElectroSawHQ.com
Rainforests cover only 6% of the world’s surface… yet they are home to more than 50% of the plant and animal species on Earth. A patch of rainforest measuring 4 square miles can contain as many as 1,500 flowering plants, 400 species of birds, 750 species of trees and 150 species of butterflies.... Teach others about the importance of the environment and how they can help save rainforests. Restore damaged ecosystems by planting trees on land where forests have been cut down. Encourage people to live in a way that doesn't hurt the environment
Interdependence and the environment HSIE Balance and
Kids' Rainforest Stories. What would your life be like if your backyard was a rainforest? Read these stories to learn about the students and communities that call these amazing forests home....The Daintree Rainforest is a landscape with striking diversity. From the dense rainforest and mountain ranges to fast flowing streams, waterfalls and gorges. With such a rich array of flora and fauna set amongst stunning scenery, there is a rich and colourful world here waiting to be discovered.
Rainforest information KDE Santa Barbara
Inga alley cropping enables farmers to build rather than destroy the fertility of their soil, so they can get better harvests and farm in one location without having to continually burn more and more of the rainforest to get fertile land to farm. minecraft how to get mycelium Central African rainforest is home of the Mbuti pygmies, one of the hunter-gatherer peoples living in equatorial rainforests characterised by their short height (below one …. How to get to the beach from lecce
Positive Human Impacts on Rainforests Sciencing
- Rainforests Of Brazil brazil.org.za
- The Coolest Plants in the Amazon Rainforest Rainforest
- Amazon Rainforest Endangered Animals for kids
- Rainforest Lizards Photos & Info Thinkjungle.com
The Amazon, Congo and Indonesian rainforests are all examples of rainforests under threat to some degree. The problems include deforestation, agriculture and mining, all causing changes to their environment and are ultimately unsustainable.
- Since the rainforest isn’t on our doorstep, we can turn to technology to help us get a better understanding of it. Films such as this , produced by the non-profit Conservation International , provide an insight into both the environment and the people who live and work there.
- The Amazon contains millions of species, most of them still undescribed, and some of the world's most unusual wildlife. It is one of Earth's last refuges for jaguars, harpy eagles and pink dolphins, and home to thousands of birds and butterflies.
- How to help There are a range of ways that you can help Rainforest Rescue protect rainforests forever. Follow the links below to find out how you, your business or your school can help save and replant the rainforest.
- Rainforests also provide us with many valuable medicinal plants, and may be a source of a cure from some deadly diseases. In addition to the important role rainforests play in Earth's climate, they also are an important home to about half of the species of plants and wildlife on the planet.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Curtin ACT, Weetangera ACT, Downer ACT, Dickson ACT, Gordon ACT, ACT Australia 2644
- New South Wales: Mayfield NSW, Forest Glen NSW, Farley NSW, Sydney Olympic Park NSW, New Lambton Heights NSW, NSW Australia 2096
- Northern Territory: Mt Zeil NT, Haasts Bluff NT, Wanguri NT, Rapid Creek NT, Amoonguna NT, Katherine East NT, NT Australia 0878
- Queensland: Scarborough QLD, Owanyilla QLD, Thornborough QLD, Charlestown QLD, QLD Australia 4082
- South Australia: Custon SA, Coorong SA, Linden Park SA, Wrattonbully SA, Waikerie SA, Geranium SA, SA Australia 5063
- Tasmania: West Kentish TAS, Seven Mile Beach TAS, Parkham TAS, TAS Australia 7056
- Victoria: Chahpingah VIC, Sunset Strip VIC, Danyo VIC, Harston VIC, Learmonth VIC, VIC Australia 3005
- Western Australia: Middle Swan WA, Girriyoowa (Pullout Springs) WA, Ardross WA, WA Australia 6074
- British Columbia: Alert Bay BC, Fort St. John BC, View Royal BC, Masset BC, Langford BC, BC Canada, V8W 9W4
- Yukon: Pelly Lakes YT, Lapierre House YT, Yukon Crossing YT, Champagne YT, Teslin Crossing YT, YT Canada, Y1A 2C9
- Alberta: Beaumont AB, Acme AB, Legal AB, Munson AB, Coronation AB, Stirling AB, AB Canada, T5K 1J5
- Northwest Territories: Fort Good Hope NT, Deline NT, Behchoko? NT, Jean Marie River NT, NT Canada, X1A 3L9
- Saskatchewan: Findlater SK, Halbrite SK, Brownlee SK, Moose Jaw SK, Meacham SK, Plenty SK, SK Canada, S4P 7C6
- Manitoba: Rapid City MB, Steinbach MB, Leaf Rapids MB, MB Canada, R3B 2P9
- Quebec: Victoriaville QC, Laurier-Station QC, Degelis QC, Saint-Celestin QC, Metis-sur-Mer QC, QC Canada, H2Y 1W6
- New Brunswick: Saint-Andre NB, Kedgwick NB, St. Stephen NB, NB Canada, E3B 3H2
- Nova Scotia: Port Hood NS, Springhill NS, Lockeport NS, NS Canada, B3J 5S2
- Prince Edward Island: Warren Grove PE, West River PE, Souris PE, PE Canada, C1A 1N1
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Indian Bay NL, St. Lawrence NL, Robert's Arm NL, Bellburns NL, NL Canada, A1B 2J2
- Ontario: Little Britain ON, Maple Hill, Bruce County ON, Harburn ON, Claireville, Brampton, Gores Landing ON, Lakeside, Kenora District, Ontario ON, Springwater ON, ON Canada, M7A 7L8
- Nunavut: Pond Inlet NU, Padley (Padlei) NU, NU Canada, X0A 2H9
- England: Bristol ENG, Exeter ENG, Walsall ENG, Sale ENG, Basingstoke ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 2A8
- Northern Ireland: Derry (Londonderry) NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Bangor NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 9H7
- Scotland: Dunfermline SCO, Cumbernauld SCO, Livingston SCO, Livingston SCO, Paisley SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 9B6
- Wales: Neath WAL, Neath WAL, Newport WAL, Newport WAL, Cardiff WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 3D7